I am eager to mentor students at any stage of their careers. I am currently working with high school, community college, and university students, especially in aspects of their programs focused on scientific writing. Contact me if there are ways I can help you.
- Applied Ecology (AEC 400) – NC State University (2014-2018)
- Introduction to Biological Research (AEC 502) – NC State University (2014-2018)
- Food Web Ecology (AEC 592) – NC State University (2014)
- Ecology (PCB 3043) – Florida International University (2009-2012)
- Coastal Marine Conservation (OCB 4070) – Florida International University (2008-2013)
- Introduction to Marine Biology (OCB 2003) – Florida International University (2007, 2008)
- Stable Isotopes and Food Webs – (BSC 6926) – Florida International University (2009-2011)
- Fish Age Estimation (BSC 6926) – Florida International University (2007)
- Field Course in Restoration (in The Bahamas) (BSC 467/567) – Joint Course between The College of The Bahamas and the University of Alabama (2003-2005)
- Stable Isotopes and Food Webs – Florida International University (2009-2011)
- Indeces de Integridad Biótica – M.S. Seminar at Universidad Experimental de Los Llanos, Venezuela. Seminar taught in Spanish. (2004)
- Ideas Nuevas de Ecología – M.S. Seminar at Universidad Experimental de Los Llanos, Venezuela. Seminar taught in Spanish. (2003)
- Current Philosophical Issues in Science (WFSC 681) – Texas A&M University (2002)
Former Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Researchers
- Andrew Maurer
Andy is a Ph.D. student studying sea turtle ecology through North Carolina State University.
- Ryann Rossi, Ph.D.
Ryann is currently a post-doc at LUMCON working on both salt marsh and mangrove projects.
- Enie Hensel, Ph.D.
Enie is the Shark4Kids North Carolina Ambassador.
- Alex Bogdanoff, Ph.D.
Alex is employed with the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
- Jacob Allgeier, Postdoctoral Researcher
Jake is an assistant professor in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Michigan.
- Carmen Montaña, Postdoctoral Researcher
Carmen is an Assistant Professor at Stephen F. Austin University.
- Sean Giery, Ph.D.
Sean is an Eberly Postdoctoral Fellow at Penn State University.
- Stephanie Archer, Ph.D.
Stephanie is and Assistant Professor at LUMCON.
- Elizabeth Stoner, Ph.D.
Betsy is currently a lecturer at Bentley University.
- Zachary Jud, Ph.D.
Education Director at the Florida Oceanographic Society.
- Lauren Yeager, Ph.D.
Lauren in an Assistant Professor at the University of Texas Marine Science Institute.
- Caroline Hammerschlag-Peyer, Ph.D.
Caroline is an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Miami.
- Márcio S. Araújo, Postdoctoral Researcher
Marcio is a faculty member at Universidade Estadual Paulista, Rio Claro, Brazil.
- Vanessa Haley-Benjamin, M.S.
Vanessa is a Ph.D. student studying Cellular Seafood Agriculture at the University of Auckland in New Zealand.
- Andrew Maurer